I’ve been thinking a lot about legacy recently with a memorial service for my mother-in-law, Sue Replogle. It was a nice time to reflect upon her life and all the lives she touched. I’ve always said that the power of a person’s life is the stories they leave behind. Along those lines, I’ve pulled together seven of my favorite legacy quotes. And please send to me any of your favorite quotes:
- Carve your name on hearts, not tombstones. A legacy is etched into the minds of others and the stories they share about you. —Shannon Adler
- The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. —William James
- Your story is the greatest legacy that you will leave to your friends. It’s the longest-lasting legacy you will leave to your heirs. —Steve Saint
- Legacy is not leaving something for people. It’s leaving something in people. —Peter Strople
- The greatest legacy one can pass on to one’s children and grandchildren is not money or other material things accumulated in one’s life, but rather a legacy of character and faith. —Billy Graham
- I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do. —Jesus
- Please think about your legacy because you are writing it every day. —Gary Vaynerchuk
Despite the way that the lives and legacies of the famous grab our attention, every single one of us leaves a legacy.
We influence people every day by what we say and do, what we write, create and share, and all of that influence adds up.
May we use the power of our lives for the good of those we touch, from our own families to our communities and even our online connections.
Share this Post
Published August 8, 2017
Topics: Family Legacy