4 Unique Gifts to Consider Making

4 Unique Gifts to Consider Making

by Bill High

For the next several weeks, I’m writing a series of blogs on “4”: 4 Questions, 4 Things, etc. Read the entire series. It’s a way of offering concise commentary. Hope you enjoy this series of “4”!

Did you know that 80% of the gifts made by Americans are in the form of cash? The other 20% come in the form of non-cash assets. Although one of the biggest forms of non-cash gifting is publicly traded stock, I encourage you to consider other forms of gifting: vehicles, collectibles, inventory, electronics, art, gold coins, etc. Indeed, there are many ways to give. And I’d like to offer 4 unique ways to make a gift.

  1. Make a gift of a vehicle to be used by a person in need. Did you know that one of the areas of need is that of single moms in need of a decent car to get to work? Or sometimes, when people come out of rehab, they need a vehicle to get their life in order. In some cases, these people in need of a vehicle might be in your church. Or you can connect with facilities that would know of people with this need.
  2. Make a gift of talent. In many cases, nonprofit organizations don’t just need money: They need talent. That talent may be needed in the form of grant writing, technology assistance, website development, strategic planning, etc. Find out the needs of the nonprofit, and make a gift to cover the cost of that talent.
  3. Make the gift of people. Often the hardest job in raising funds for a ministry is finding new donors. The simplest gift is to introduce a favorite ministry to 2-3 friends of yours. Peer influence is the single greatest influence that will lead to new donors.
  4. Make the gift of encouragement along with a gift. The work of ministry is long, hard, and lonely. Often there are few thanks and meager accolades. Passion is the only fuel. So perhaps consider making a financial gift and including a personal note to say thanks for laboring, thanks for ministering, thanks for caring—and to keep pressing on!

Related articles:
The Overlooked Gift: The Missionary Life
11 Ways to Live Practical Generosity
Giving a Car to Christian Ministries

Share this Post

If you enjoyed this content and would like to receive updates via email, please subscribe.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Published October 3, 2017

Topics: Giving Strategies

Charitable GivingGenerosityGiving Strategies

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *