11 Ways to Live Practical Generosity
Living generously is really pretty simple. Sometimes we just need a few ideas to spur us on. Here are eleven suggestions:
- Write a thank you note to a teacher who most influenced you
- Offer to babysit for a young couple so they can have a date night
- Take your neighbor’s trash can in from the street
- Sell something you own and donate the proceeds
- Give away a shirt you really like
- Carry $20 in your pocket and find someone who you think could use some encouragement and give it away
- Do someone else’s chores at home
- Pay for the car behind you in the drive through
- Call up your parents and tell them something you are grateful for in how they raised you
- Learn a new joke and share it with someone—give laughter!
- Pay for someone’s groceries
What ideas do you have for practical generosity?