One of the keys to successful legacy? Grandparents. Grandparents are the keepers of the story, and they help reinforce lessons of the parents while providing yet a different perspective. As much as possible and with the right circumstances, it’s great to involve grandparents in developing children.
With that in mind, here are 8 facts about grandparents and legacy, from Considerable.com:
- 50 million households—By 2015, the number of grandparent households was expected to reach 50 million.
- It’s a great role—72% think that being a grandparent is the single most important and satisfying thing in their life.
- They are curious—71% say reading is a favorite activity, and 86% read a newspaper online or in print.
- They are online—75% are online, 70% use search engines, 56% share photos online, and 45% use social networks.
- They have money—They control 75% of the wealth in this country and have the highest net worth of any other age group.
- They are generous—They account for 45% of cash contributions to charitable organizations and for 42% of consumer spending on gifts.
- They support their grandchildren—This group spends $52 billion on their grandchildren alone.
- They want time—60% live close to their grandchildren, and 45% wish they could live even closer.
Share this Post
Published August 10, 2017
Topics: Family Legacy