10 Questions for Uncovering Family Stories
How do you spark storytelling among your family and preserve family memories?
StoryCall, a handbook, lists 10 questions for prompting family stories:
- Did you have chores? What was your most and least favorite?
- When was the first time you drove?
- What was the first concert you attended?
- What were the main clothing styles during your school years, and how did you normally dress?
- What was your first trip alone or with friends?
- How did your beliefs differ from your parents?
- What do you believe are the keys to a successful marriage?
- What did you see as injustices in our society, and did you address them?
- What types of challenges did your parents or grandparents face as they aged?
- Do you have any regrets? If so, what are they?
Try these questions out, and let me know what stories they sparked.
Why Do I Write About Family Legacy?
7 Ways to Capture the Wealth of Family Stories
A Lifetime of Stories, One Seat Over
Share this Post
If you enjoyed this content and would like to receive updates via email, please subscribe.
Leave a Comment
Published December 13, 2016
Topics: Family Legacy