9 Ways to Simplify Your Life
Simplify your life. Okay, let’s go for it. Let’s work on cutting out some of our noise. Here’s a few ideas:
1. Go through your closet and donate everything you’ve not worn in the past 6 months.
2. Unsubscribe from every email newsletter/bulletin that you’ve not read in the past month.
3. Go through your house, your storage unit, closets, garage and clean it out. Donate everything you’ve just let sit there. If it’s got dust, donate it!
4. Simplify by deepening. Reconnect with a few old friends. Start a conversation with them. Maybe even do the unthinkable and write a letter—a real one.
5. Go for a walk at a nature park. Count the number of clouds.
6. Journal every week on your past.
7. Declare a “no media” day—cell phone, email, FB, TV….
8. Take a 24 hour retreat by yourself. Take only a bible and notebook.
9. Don’t buy any new possession for 6 months
So what are your ideas? Share your simple living tips, and maybe, just maybe we can get back to what’s important.