5 Unusual Christmas Giving Ideas
We are at that time of year where people are hunting for Christmas ideas. The retailers are sure to remind us to find the perfect gift – and to be quick about it.
But here’s a few Christmas giving gift ideas:
- Random Giving – Give every family member $100 at Thanksgiving. Have them give that $100 to someone in need (ideally someone they don’t know). Need ideas? Click here for ideas on how to give away $100.
- The Gift of Insight – Take your family members on a tour of local ministries. Give them a perspective on what’s going on in your city – from a rescue mission, to youth ministry, or to a nursing home. Need ideas? Email Connie Hougland and she can help you find a great local ministry to visit.
- The Gift of Impact – Gather your family and talk about an opportunity to give together towards a single cause. It might be as simple as sponsoring kids or mission trips or as profound as sponsoring the completion of a bible translation.
- The Gift of Giving – Set up a donor advised fund for your children and put some initial seed money for them to give. Click here for more information on donor advised funds.
- The Direct Give – Help another person or family in need. Maybe there is a friend or neighbor going through a difficult season with medical bills or other financial needs. You can actually make a direct gift anonymously. Email Laura Johnson and she can help you with this.
There’s no better gift than the gift of giving!