7 Verses on the Joyful Life
We often need reminders to live with joy. Joy is not rooted in the circumstances of life. Joy is the quiet confidence of a great God who works for our good even if we can’t see the way immediately. MacLaren’s exposition on the joy of the Lord says it this way: “All great thoughts have a solemn quiet in them.” Such is the way of joy. Here are seven reminders for the journey:
- Nehemiah 8.10 …for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
- Psalm 4.7 You have put more joy in my heart than they have when their grain and wine abound.
- Psalm 16.11 You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
- Isaiah 12.3 With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.
- Jeremiah 15.16 Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O LORD, God of hosts.
- Matthew 13.44 The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.
- John 15.11 These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
Share your own verse or quote on the life of joy with me at email@example.com.